Monday, March 06, 2006

Restorers of Hope

In my first blog ever, I asked the question, "How do they escape the kind of life that they are in?" I encourage everyone to read this post by Steve Holt that Abby's blog directed me to. He seems to be expressing the same kind of questions that I was asking and even comes to a similar conclusion.

In it Steve makes this quote:

Am I naive to think that there must be some way that we can join God in transforming Carmella holistically?

Maybe I am. But I am certain that our response cannot be indifference or ignorance — we must be “restorers of hope” to those who have none.

I like the wording that he uses when he says "join God in transforming." Somehow, and I dont know how, but God is at work in this world. His Spirit is changing lives. He is here and active and does things that we cannot do. We can do all we can but he is the transformer of lives. But we can join him in this spiritual and physical battle against the evil in this world. And since God is on our side, We WIN!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home