Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dancing With God

Does anybody else really love to dance? I love dancing whether it is dancing with Kasey (which is my favorite), freestyle dancing (which I look pretty ridiculous doing), dancing along with people on t.v. (I'm really good at that), doing the hula, celebration dances, and the list goes on. On Thursday Mike Cope posted a really neat blog that included the thoughts of Kerri Lane as she meditated on the word "dance". Click here to read the post for February 23rd. I thought this post was great for many reasons. I think her words explain most of it. When we let God lead our lives it goes so much more smoothly and produces a wonderful feeling. But as she states, this takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness. Sometimes it hard for me to know how to let God lead. Just what exactly does that mean? How does that look? I love the song, "He Leadeth Me" which was in the old song book called Songs of the Church. Acapella did a version of that song and my mom played it for me after my dad passed away. It has meant a lot to me over the years as I try to let God lead my life. Kasey has taught me a lot about viewing life as a dance and relationships as a dance in which God is our instructor. He is the one who teaches us how to dance. When we learn from God how to do things and how to live, things will go more smoothly and we fulfill our purpose on the dance floor. Last night, I got to go to Oplin for Kara Wolfe's Birthday party. Happy Birthday Kara Wolfe!!! This is the second time I have got to go with Kasey to Oplin to dance. There is something about just being with her and holding her that makes things seems wonderful. With God it is the same way. I think he enjoys when we want to dance with Him and we let Him wrap his arms around us. And for me, I have hope and assurance in his arms knowing that all things will be okay. So I hope you dance...and let Him lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home