Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Beginning

Okay, so I have given in to the blogging urge. I will see how this goes. I have enjoyed reading other people's site and thoughts so I hope other people will like reading from mine. In this site, I will write about my wonderings and thoughts that run through my head and also about my life in general. The question in my head right now is, "Why am I so blessed?" How come I was born into such a great life when others have it so hard? I have a middle school group of inner city boys who I love to death. But their lives are so much different from mine. Some are growing up with out fathers, mothers, or both. The neighborhoods and situations they come from make it so hard. One recently got in trouble for stabbing someone with a pencil and has been caught with weed. They struggle with school which may be because they are not expected to do as well. How do they escape the kind of life that they are in? Why is it that I was born into a great family, was blessed with the greatest girlfriend in the whole world, and have lined up a good job before I get out of school? I think Jesus calls us as Christians to help people in these very situations. We are his Body and it is our job to ease their pain, to give them hope, to bring them to life and raise them from the dead by introducing them to Jesus and being Jesus to them. So I pray that God will enter thier lives. That through my example and efforts, God will work through me and let them see how loved they are by their creator. Well, not all of my blogs will be this long. This was just one I had in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home