Thursday, February 08, 2018

Love Drives out Fear

Lately as I prepare to travel to Bogota to visit Tatiana and Lorena, I have had some fears about going.  The friend I am going with said that gang violence is becoming more prevalent and we aren't exactly sure what type of situations that their sisters are currently in. But God has been teaching me lately to trust in Him.

Last night was one of those ways he subtly taught me about trusting in Him.  It has become quite routine the last few months for Josiah to come into our room in the middle of the night scared because he had a bad dream. Every night I get up and go back and lie down next to him in his bed and he puts his arm around me and falls right back to sleep.  What fears he has before are all gone the moment I am with him.  Last night as I was laying next to him as he fell back asleep, I felt God telling me, "Trust in me as your Father as he trusts you." I don't have to fear because God is always with me.

Another thing happened last night that has already made the trip worth it. Kasey and I were talking to Dany and Sol about Youth group at church where they had just talked about love.  And Sol said that she had been thinking that me planning to go to Bogota to see her sisters has really shown her love. I knew that me doing this would help connect and bond us by her seeing what love does, but I didn't think I would hear her verbalize those thoughts so soon.  Because that is definitely hard for her.  It is amazing the ways we are seeing God work and move among us. Please continue to pray for my trip and our whole family as we continue to try to follow where God leads us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home